This document is a work in progress.
This document describes the rules and relationships between input files. If these rules are not obeyed, the model will crash. For details about a given input file, see GCM/InputFiles.
- Every grid cell with any ocean must have ocean temperatures set
- Ocean temperatures should not be below -1.8 C
- Every grid cell that has exposed ground (not ocean or land ice) must have vegetation
- The sum of the eight vegitation types must be 100% for any grid cell with exposed ground
- Cells with snow or ice cover should have frozen ground
- Cells without snow or ice cover should not have frozen ground
- Land ice is part of the topography file so the height of the land ice is included in the topographic height of a cell